PLC Based Mobile Controller programmable for enhanced operator safety and comfort. Full-color LCD Display in Cab allows operators to view real time engine, transmission and Rail King operating parameters, as well as active and stored trouble/ diagnostic codes
Stewart & Stevenson patented Cushion Coupler System — couplers made of fabricated steel and huge shock absorbing isolators pressed into the frame. The advanced design of the weight transfer system automatically enhances tractive effort for better pulling power.
Fueled by ultra low sulfur diesel, provides better fuel economy and better performance at lower operating cost. From air filter to exhaust, the Cummins QSB engine is a complete engineered system package with electronic engine management.
BUILT TOUGH BUT SLEEK
- The Rail King is a Mobile Railcar Mover used to support rail switching operations throughout North America and overseas
- Stewart & Stevenson developed the Rail King in 1990
- There have been five technologically improved generations since.
- Steel Wheel drive on the Rail with weight transfer couplers
- Five models, the smaller three are a side mounted Dual Direction Cab and the larger two have a full width Wide Cab.
- Patented Cushion Coupler system
- Front and rear couplers are rubber isolated from frame
- Rail Axles are Cushioned
- Three Point platform mounting system
- Cab is also isolated from platform
- Provides a smooth ride for operator on and off the track
- Reduces vibration for controls, console and sheet metal